Thursday, April 23, 2009

...in San Francisco

We had such a wonderful time in San Francisco. The weather was warm and beautiful, and I (Calla Maria) was ready to pack up and move to Sunny California. Not to worry, I got on the plane and came back to good old Rainy Portland. Here are a few highlights from the trip:

We were on the 19th floor of our hotel and had a great view of downtown. Here is the view from our room.



Vera exploring Golden Gate Park.



Flower Child Quinn nursing in Golden Gate Park.



Vera spots a bird at Pier 39.



I had my first whole crab. It was a little labor intensive. I might not try this again until the kids are a little older and more patient diners.



We finally caved and bought an Ergo, the baby carrier of choice around Portland. Vera loves to be lugged around on our backs. We are about to board the cable car (a.k.a. the trolley or, to Vera, the choo choo), by far her favorite part of the trip. She is still talking about it!



The kids and I spent a lot of our time in a beautiful park near our hotel in Nob Hill where Vera enjoyed chasing pigeons and crawling through the "nunnel" (tunnel).



Last, but definitely not least...
On the way to our hotel our first day we were lucky enough to behold this site:
A guy looking to collect a little money from amused tourists trained his cat to sit on his dog and his rat to sit on his cat! Needless to say, I was impressed.

5 comments:

ErgoDyne said...

I saw that dog/act/rat guy on TV. Weird idea.

I'm glad to see some more pictures of you guys. Thanks for the website.

Lauren said...

These pictures are great! Y'all have access to some great vacation spots out west. Did David find a job he likes out there?

Lauren said...

Looks like you all had fun! I miss you so much. Whenever you make it back to Alabama, let us know. We're back in Auburn. Also, I'll let you know when we get closer to having a baby ;)

Hannah said...

I miss you, Maria! Your kids are amazing, and I LOVE Vera's shoes...my kind of girl.

ErgoDyne said...

I miss you guys.